Back to top
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 200g a2 Jalna Low Fat Natural Yoghurt
- 125g nut meal (any or a mix of almond, hazelnut and chestnut)
- 125g sugar
- 4 large eggs separated
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 large unwaxed lemon zest
- Beat the sugar and egg yolks until pale for 2 minutes. Combine the yoghurt and lemon zest, then gently stir into the egg yolk mixture and add the nut meal, coconut and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until thick and creamy for 3 minutes. Fold the egg whites gently into the rest of the mix, taking care not to overmix.
- Fill cupcake or muffin cups to ¾ full and place one raspberry into the middle of each. Bake in a 180ºC oven (160ºC fan forced) for about 30 minutes until golden. Once cooked through, the cakes will spring back when pressed lightly. Serve with a2 Jalna Low Fat Natural Yoghurt sweetened with a little honey and vanilla.
- TIP – if the cakes brown too quickly, loosely place some tin foil over the top for the remaining cooking time and this will prevent further browning.
|Fat, total (g)
| Saturated (g)
| Sugars (g)
|Dietary Fibre (g)