Back to top
Preparation: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 1L a2 Milk™
- 4 bay leaves
- 5 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 4 x 220g chicken breast fillets
Rice paper rolls
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- 1 large avocado, seeded, sliced lengthwise
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 cup of a2 Milk™ poached chicken, shredded
- 2 iceberg lettuce leaves, washed, torn
- 16 chives
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Place a2 Milk™, bay leaves, onions and salt in a large deep-sided fry pan over high heat and bring to the boil. Add chicken, reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 12-15 mins or until cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Strain the poaching liquid, reserving ¼ cup (60mL). Shred chicken and place in large bowl with reserved liquid. Set aside.
- Halve cucumbers lengthwise and using a teaspoon, scoop out seeds and discard. Cut into thin strips.
- Working with 1 sheet of rice paper at a time, dip into warm water for about 10 seconds, turning until it begins to soften. Drain excess water. Lay on a clean work surface.
- Place a few slices of avocado, carrot, cucumber, chicken, lettuce and two chives at one side of the wrapper.
- Fold base and sides of wrapper over filling and roll up firmly to enclose. Transfer to a plate and cover with a damp cloth. Repeat.
- For dipping sauce, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sesame seeds and brown sugar with ¼ cup water and mix well.
- Serve with coriander sprigs and sauce.