Back to top
- 300g strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 100mL a2 MilkTM Full Cream
- 1 tbsp of a2TM Skim Milk Powder
- 7 egg yolks
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 150g caster sugar
- 250g strawberries, washed and hulled
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- Blend the strawberries and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth. Strain the mixture to remove the seeds. Set mixture aside for later use.
- Combine the milk and cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer for 5 minutes stirring regularly. Remove from stove.
- Place the egg yolks, caster sugar and vanilla extract into a bowl and beat until creamy and frothy. The mixture should be a thick, pale and glossy paste.
- Return the milk and cream mixture to a simmer. Gradually pour in the egg mixture whilst stirring slowly. Once the combined mixture reaches 70°C remove from stove and strain into a heatproof bowl. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature before placing in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Remove from fridge and pour into an ice cream maker mixing bowl. Combine with the strawberries and lemon juice mixture. Set ice cream maker to the desired setting and churn until it reaches a soft-serve consistency.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat until the mixture boils and reduces to a jam-like consistency.
- Pass the mixture through a strainer to remove seeds. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Combine the strawberry ripple mixture with the ice cream mixture and use a spoon to create a ripple effect.
- Freeze the combined mixture for 48 hours.
- Decorate to your liking and serve.