Back to top
Preparation: 25 mins
Cooking Time: 8 mins
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup castor sugar
- 2½ tbsp cornflour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2¼ cups a2 MilkTM, room temperature
- ¼ cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine the cocoa powder, sugar, cornflour and salt. Mix well.
- Gradually add milk, whisking constantly until mixture is blended evenly and no lumps exist.
- Place the bowl in a microwave. Cook at P100 for 8 mins pausing every 2 minutes to stir the mixture. After the 8 mins, the pudding should have thickened.
- While still hot, add the chopped chocolate, butter and vanilla extract and whisk well until incorporated and pudding is smooth.
- When done, immediately pour pudding mixture into individual mugs or glass bowls. To prevent a skin forming, place a cling wrap on the surface and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until set.
- Serve chilled (optional – garnish with mint leaves)